Quick Facts about Hoosier Homes and Households
- $41,567 is the median household income
- $50,261 is the median family income
- $94,300 is the median value of an owner-occupied home
- 32.3 percent have one vehicle
- 40.3 percent have two vehicles
- 20.1 percent have three or more
- 2.3 percent of housing units have more than one person per room
- 72.0 percent have less than one person per room—possible since the average household size is 2.5 persons and the average number of rooms per housing unit is 5.8.
- The rental vacancy rate is 8.8 statewide.
- 3,566 homes in Indiana are valued at $1 million or more
- 65,440 housing units have five or more bedrooms