Data Resources and Websites
The Indiana Business Research Center has served many decades as the state of Indiana’s official representative to the Census Bureau, through the Indiana Data Center Program and the Federal-State Cooperative for Population Estimates, and more recently by serving as the Governor’s Liaison to Census (Carol Rogers).
Since 1925, the IBRC has been collecting, organizing and finding meaning in the social and economic characteristics of our state. Beginning in the 1970s, the center began providing computer access to its databases and by the 21st century, has developed an award-winning and state-of-the-art interactive web service called STATS Indiana, Indiana’s unique information utility.
STATS Indiana offers a variety of ways to obtain and present essential economic and demographic data for cities and counties, states and the nation.
- A peer-finder feature makes it easy to identify other places that share important characteristics in common with a given community.
- A wide selection of maps enable website users to visualize data, making it easy to see how key measures vary from place to place.
- Within STATS Indiana, users will find the profiles listed below.
Our Other Websites
Developed and maintained by the IBRC
- Indiana Business Review
- Indiana Economic Digest
- Census in Indiana
- Innovation in American Regions
- Driving Change: Greening the Automotive Workforce
- Indiana Gateway for Government Units
- Indiana INdicators
Developed and maintained for other agencies and organizations